1. Fascinating! Introverts explained. And it’s not the same thing as being shy.
2. So bitchy and wonderful: Tom & Lorenzo have the best weekly recaps of Downton Abbey.
3. My next blush: From light coral to dark pink. It comes with instructions and is shaped like a … cat. Of course!
4. Uh Oh. Amy Schumer is dead on in her video about how women accept compliments.
5. But then, who cares about compliments anyway? Shouldn’t we instead emulate these 12 incredible and accomplished women in history who “didn’t give a f*ck”?(seriously funny and inspiring Buzzfeed list).
6. Slumber sweetly in this pretty rose colored romper by Eloise.
7. Adorable: Giant paw litter mat. I’ve got this one and it works and is super cute.
8. Marcy refuses to believe she does any of these. But she does six of them. Consistently.
9. An oddly quiet, magically decrepit mall in Bangkok is filled with … fish.
marcy + cynthia
That was awesome! Thank you for rounding all of that up! I cannot decide which is my favorite. The women accepting compliments is hilarious. The Downton Abbey recap was interesting. I agree with all of it and had not thought of it that way before. I actually read all of the recaps when it aired overseas so I would know what would happen. I am terrible that way. Thank you for the smiles!
Oooohhhhh – you are worse than I am about wanting to know how stuff plays out in advance. It confounds Freddy. I haven't done this with Downton Abbey and had been avoiding talk of it all while it was airing in England.
Oh man! The compliments video. So funny. And so true. I play both types of women, I suppose. If I'm feeling fierce, I'll accept the compliment no problem. But it's so true that women look at you like you're supposed to follow up with some sort of insecurity. It's bizarre. I have a self-deprecating sense of humor, but I never really joke about the sort of things that I'm actually sense conscious about. It's usually about my unruly hair, clumsiness, stumbling over words, lameness, etc. What I find interesting is how others will try to boost my ego with compliments when I make those jokes. It's a strange dance because I'm not actually self-conscious, but they're sincerely trying to make me "feel better" when I feel fine, and it's all so bizarre. That's why great friends are the best. They get your humor and don't try to turn it into a counseling session.
I can't watch the Downton Abbey recap because we are so behind. We've been binge watching The Killing and West Wing, but I'm itching to get back to sassy Mary!
Also – I read about that mall "aquarium" awhile ago on Facebook. How bizarre, right? I would totally want to go see it, though. Like something from a dystopic story. Spooooooooky.
I want to see that mall too! I thought it was so interesting that they talked about how quiet it is there.
Isn't is also so interesting how women are so strange about compliments. As you said – it is a strange dance!
Love Lady Mary!
Great list! I can't wait to read the Downton reviews!
yay! Tom & Lorenzo's tagline is "opinionated and fabulous". Ha ha. And they are!
I love the fish in the mall…it is oddly beautiful. I also loved the ways to tell if your cats love you..I'm glad my kitties do them 🙂
Awww… kitty love! Marcy does six out of the ten. She also wants to visit that mall with the fish. 😉
Marcy, you kept me busy for half the afternoon.
If Margaret exhibits five of the nine affectionate behaviors but then bits me and runs off leaving me to bleed, how do I interpret that? Is this not abusive?
no. that is true love. love bleeds.
[…] Part Trois […]