Mary’s Nine Likes. Episode 18. …
(buying via the affiliate links may result in Marcy and Penelope Kitten getting more treats)
1. Overheard LA is THE BEST Instagram account. (Thanks to my friend Gwen from London for bringing it to this Los Angeleno’s attention.)
2. Grandpa Mason Cat and his grandkittens. So heartwarming. So sweet.
3. Sweatshirts are IN this season. I’ll take this one and this one. And maybe this one too (in pink).
4. Marcy’s favorite dress at the Emmy’s was worn by Mandy Moore. (Penelope Kitten thought Mandy looked like a giant Oreo cookie. Yum.)
5. Penelope Kitten needs this. Diet not working.
6. Rejected princesses = required reading! These are stories about women who are “too awesome, awful, or offbeat for kids’ movies”.
7. Straw baskets and macrame planters. ’70’s beach decor. I’m digging it.
8. Ravioli has a little brother! Just when we thought we couldn’t love MoShow even more, he goes out and adopts a black kitten.
9. Hey, Yeah! Lucky Chops!
xo and meow,
cynthia + marcy
Overheard LA favorites:
“My accountant yelled at me. Between
coffee, juices, matcha, smoothies, kombuca…
and booze, I would say I’m vastly overspending on liquids.” @overheardla
“Overheard LA is fake. There are too many about avocados.”
“They’re real. Everyone in LA is always talking about avocados. It’s a fact.” @overheardla
“I’m so fucking hungover.”
“How much did you drink?”
“Nothing. I had bread.” @overheardla
“They were shooting outside my house last night.”
“Film or guns?” @overheardla
“Living here is basically just eating in your car while questioning your life.” @overheardla
Great list! But when did sweatshirts go out of style? 😉
Great picks, Marcy. Grandpa cat brought a tear to my eye, Overheard in LA was so LA funny and yyyaaaayyy to sweatshirts and macrame coming back. Loved Mandy’s dress except for the layer of white. Lucky Chops made me happy. I’m going to watch it again.
Thanks for taking my mind away from hurricanes and Trump.
you’re welcome. glad i could help.
I am following Overheard LA, like, stat. The first nine posts had me cracking up already! I’m always looking for light, funny accounts like that for a bright spot in my day. I also love Buzzfeed Style for the same reason.
And that J.Crew sweatshirt is gooooooorg! I love the slouchy off shoulder fit. And in pink?! Divine! Simple and chic with jeans and flats. Or Keds. I’m here for that look!
Gwen was the one who told me about Overheard LA! She was asking if one of the quotes was true. Sigh… it was, pretty much! I will have to check out Buzzfeed Style!